The Naples Florida real estate statistics are out for November 2009! While the good news is that the number of pendings sales have increased in all price segments, the not so good news is that the market continues to be driven by sales under $300,000.00.
You'll note that this report has three sections: Overall Market Statistics, Condominium, and Single Family. The Overall Market for closed sales in the 12 month period ending 11/2009 shows a whopping 71.58% of these sales are all under $300,000.00! Closed sales between $300,000.00 - 2 million + are left to divvy up the remaining 28.42% of the market.
The Overall Market shows a 15 month inventory, while the under $300,000.00 segment shows a 10 month inventory. A 6 month inventory is considered to be normal. The Overall Market's median price continues to fall. If you are a buyer hoping to purchase a home in Naples under $300,000.00, I would caution you to find a place soon. The competition you will be faced with today to purchase a place in Naples under $300,000.00 will only be worse as the inventory dwindles.
Now, for the really great news! If you read my previous post, you know I thought I would be without family this Christmas. I received a phone call yesterday from my brother Patrick informing me that he WILL be able to travel to Naples for Christmas! It has been decades since Patrick and I have been able to celebrate Christmas together and I am looking forward to seeing him very soon. Don and I will be able to celebrate Christmas with good friends AND family this year!
Pat will finally be able to spend a couple of weeks in his condo that I sold him in Turtle Lakes Golf Colony. It will be a while until Patrick can retire, live in Naples full time and celebrate every Christmas with Don and I.
Where will you be this Christmas? Naples Florida may not have a white Christmas but we DO have beautiful beaches, warm weather and lots of palm tree decorated for Christmas. Why not plan a holiday trip to Naples now?
At the end of this post you will see a blue square with an F Share in it. If you are a member of FaceBook and would like to share this blog post with your friends, you can just click on this FaceBook share button.
Will 2010 find you looking to own a home in Naples? Search here, once at the search page, you can search by development or map area, save your search and new listing updates will be e-mailed to you.
Should you be thinking of selling your home in Naples and would like a candid assessment of what it would take to sell your home in today's market, I would be happy to provide you with a free market evaluation. Feel free to give me a call at 239-594-2780 or e-mail me at Lynn@NaplesBuys.com.
Care to share a comment with us? Just click on the post a comment link at the bottom of this blog entry. Comments are always welcome.
Want to subscribe to this blog? Just click on Subscribe or the Subscribe link at the bottom of this blog entry.
Please note that I receive no compensation for mention of any businesses or events.
About the author:
Lynn Wilber is a Real Estate Professional who lives in Naples. Her 31 years of real estate experience and her area expertise have been valuable resources for Naples Sellers and Buyers. For more information, please contact Lynn Wilber or call 239-594-2780.
YouTube | Linkedin | Google | Website | Twitter | Facebook
ContactUs Think Lynn Wilber when buying or selling in SW Florida !!! Downing-Frye Realty, Inc. is a Florida licensed real estate brokerage
Why Choose Me | Radon Information | Contact Us | Insurance Closing Costs | Free Home Valuation | Find A Home! | Lambiance Site | Sailing in Naples | OPEN HOUSES | Golf Courses | Shopping | Naples Sightseeing | Naples Weather | Airlines | Airports | The Arts | Naples Area Links | Seller's Closing Costs | News Updates | Informative Links | Short Sales | Beach Cam | Lynn's YouTube | Foreclosure Help | Naples Schools | FaceBook | Neighborhood Sales Info | Closing Costs | Download Adobe Acrobat | News | Real Estate Glossary | Our Homes | Looking to Sell? | Our Featured Homes | Home | Applying for a Loan | Document Your Assets | Living Trusts | Neighborhood Prices | Staging Checklist | 9 Steps to Owning | ARM Calc | Fixed Rate Mtg Calc | 15 vs 30 Year Mtg Calc | Mtg Tax Savings Calc | Mortgage Qualifier Calc | Maximum Mortgage Calc | Mortgage Payoff Calc | Rent vs Buy Calc | Refi Breakeven Calc | Mortgage Calculators | Interest Only Calc | Request Industry Info | Your Dream Home | 9 Steps to Ownership | How to Sell Your Home | Staging Your Home | A holiday sale? | Holiday Saving | Be Accessible! | Buying Foreclosures/REO's | Types of Listing Contracts | The Listing Contract | Contingencies in Contracts | Listing Commissions | Should you paint? | Homeowner Warranties | Real vs. Personal Property | The Kitchen | Gated Communities | Improvements That Pay | Home Appreciation | Selling One, Buying Another | Naples FL Blog | Naples Buyers | Naples Sellers